- The Men’s Wearhouse Sacked The Man
- Morning Java Celebrity Links !
- Reese’s Pieces
- Dunkin’ Donuts Don’t
- Super Sweet Celebrity Links!
- Super Hot Celebrity Links!
- Carmen Electra: This Is The End
- Miguel Was Told Not To Jump & Kick Into The Crowd
- Pamela Anderson Turns Back Time Like A Champ
- Jennifer Lawrence As Mystique .. Still Eats
Los Angeles County coroner's officials have ruled out reports mold played a role in the deaths of actress Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack.
The authorities briefly examined whether toxic mold played a part in the deaths of the couple, who died five months apart - and quickly ruled it out.
Ed Winter, the coroner's assistant, tells the Los Angeles Times, "There were no indicators that either death was related to mold."
Both Murphy and Monjack died of pneumonia combined with anemia.
Over the weekend, the Clueless star's mother Sharon dismissed the "absurd" reports suggesting mold in her daughter's marital home may have contributed to the untimely deaths of the actress and her husband.
She says, "It's absurd that this kind of misinformation is being reported by the media."
The mystery surrounding Brittany Murphy's widow Simon Monjack has just doubled after it emerged the producer and writer left a strange message on his own cell phone answer machine before he died last month in May 2010.
Investigators found the eerie message, left on the day Monjack died, in his voicemail on his phone. In it, he says, "I need to go to the hospital. I have a fever."
Later on in the recording, obtained by TMZ.com, Murphys' mother Sharon can be heard saying, "Tell them you have a fever." It's unclear who 'them' is.
The cause of Monjack's death has yet to be determined.
Last week, Monjack's mother accused Sharon of ignoring her pleas to call a doctor in the hours before the filmmaker's death.
Sharon Murphy found the director unconscious at the Hollywood Hills home he once shared with his late wife. Paramedics determined he had suffered a cardiac arrest and pronounced him dead at the scene.
Monjack's mother Linda claims she pleaded with his ex-mother-in-law to get Monjack medical help because she was so concerned about him on the night before he passed away.
She told Britain's Daily Mail newspaper, "I'd pleaded with Sharon over and over during those last hours to get medical help, to get him to a hospital, but she didn't... I'd call and he wasn't even able to respond. It was at this point that I demanded to speak to Sharon, and I told her, 'Please, please call the doctor. Get him to hospital. Please just get him some help'. She told me that she'd 'been through this before' and that Simon was over the worse."
Sharon Murphy's publicist, Roger Neal, has slammed Monjack's accusations, insisting she did everything she could to help the filmmaker.
Murphy's mum Sharon is said to have called emergency services on Sunday night (23May2010) after finding the screenwriter unconscious in the master bedroom of the Hollywood Hills property where the Clueless star died in December (09). He is believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest.
Resuscitation efforts failed and he was pronounced dead at the scene, according to ETOnline.com.
Sergeant Louie Lozano of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) tells the website, "We have detectives at (the) scene. They are conducting their investigation."
The L.A. coroner ruled in February that Murphy died after from pneumonia, complicated by anaemia and multiple drug intoxication.
She is said to have gone into cardiac arrest at the house she shared with Monjack and Sharon, and was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on December 20, 2010.
LAPD spokesman Sergeant Alex Ortiz tells the Associated Press, "We concluded there (were) no signs of foul play or any criminal activity involved."
But new reports emerging in Los Angeles suggest Monjack might have suffered a drug overdose. Officials have confirmed prescription medication was found at the property, and a source tells TMZ.com, "There were a number of pill bottles on the nightstand in the bedroom, and some were empty."
L.A. County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter insists the cause of Monjack's death won't be known until after a post-mortem examination and toxicology tests are carried out.
He says, "Mr. Monjack was found unresponsive, paramedics responded to the house, he was pronounced dead at 9.45pm (on) Sunday. There were some prescription drugs found that belonged to Mr. Monjack, and we'll have an ongoing investigation. Cause of death is pending, and there will be an autopsy after a day or so, and pending toxicology (reports), we'll be releasing the results after we get all those tests back.
"The family is devastated at this time, and it is under investigation. And I ask that you give the family some privacy at this point on."
Several stars have spoken out to pay tribute to the tragic moviemaker. In a post on her Twitter.com page, Lindsay Lohan writes, "R.I.P Simon Monjack," while pop star-turned-actor Luke Goss, who worked with Monjack early in his movie career, adds, "Simon shared his love of film with all of us on set. He gave me my first role in film and has remained a friend ever since. I am deeply saddened by his untimely death."