- Tornado Survivor Finds Missing Dog During Live Interview
- Amy’s Baking Company Hiring!
- Guess Who ?????
Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel died after consuming a lethal combination of methadone.
The cause of death was revealed by pathologist Cyril Wecht after he received the toxicology results from National Medical Services in Willow Grove, Pensylvannia yesterday (27.09.06).
He revealed: "In my opinion it's an accidental death."
The results showed Daniel, 20, had consumed a mix of methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro caused the cardiac dysrhythmia that ultimately led to his death.
He passed away in his mother's hospital room earlier this month while visiting her in the Bahamas three days after she gave birth to a baby girl, Dannielynn Hope.
Meanwhile, Anna Nicole's ex-boyfriend has demanded a DNA test to determine whether he is the father of her daughter.
Larry Birkhead's demands come a day after her lawyer, Howard K. Stern,
claimed he was Dannielynn's dad.
However, the photojournalist dismissed his statement as "laughable" telling Us Weekly: "I am not surprised he would say this but I am laughing at it.
"I have asked for a DNA test and I welcome it."
What is methadone?
• Methadone is a narcotic pain reliever, similar to morphine. Methadone also reduces withdrawal symptoms in people addicted to heroin or other narcotic drugs without causing the "high" associated with the drug addiction.
• Methadone is used as a pain reliever and as part of drug addiction detoxification and maintenance programs.
• Methadone may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.