Brittany Murphy's husband has spoken out to dismiss rumors the late actress was taking a cocktail of prescription drugs before her sudden death - insisting none of her medications could have "endangered" her.
The Clueless star passed away on Sunday (12/20/09) after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home, aged just 32.
Documents from the Los Angeles County Coroner's office - leaked online this week - alleged officials found a variety of prescription pills in her home, including anti-seizure medication Topamax, Fluoxetine, which is used to treat depression, anti-anxiety medication Ativan, pain reliever Vicoprofen, and Propranolol, used to treat hypertension.
Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, has revealed the star was diagnosed with a heart murmur, but the condition was not life-threatening and she was not taking any medication to treat it.
He's adamant Murphy was not popping any pills apart from painkillers to treat menstrual cramps. She was also using herbal remedies and cough syrup.
Monjack says, "She was on herbal remedies, that wouldn't speed up her heart. There was nothing here that could endanger her, there was prescription medication in the house for her 'female time' and some cough syrup. That was it."
Officials have stated they believe the star died from natural causes, but the release of results from an autopsy, which was completed on Monday, has been "deferred" pending toxicological results.
Monjack was initially reluctant for a post-mortem examination to be carried out on his wife's body, but insists he was not trying to hinder the investigation - he just couldn't bear the thought of his loved one being "cut open."
He adds, "My initial reaction to the autopsy was they are going to cut her open. I could not bear it. That would break her mother, but we realised we needed to know."